Severe storms likely Wednesday. Late AM update
As of early this AM most of the area has been UPGRADED to a Moderate Risk. That is 4 on a scale of 5 in the risk category. This the highest risk we've seen in a while. (pictured)
Still feel we see two rounds, although minor differences and atmosphere set up could alter things. Basically be weather aware all afternoon. There is still some hope storms this morning "zap" the atmosphere and prevent stronger storms this evening. That's a wait and see scenario.
- 1st round of storms currently in N GA/AL and extreme SE TN. Some storms could contain gusty winds/large hail. They have been behaving so far, but heavy rain.
- Storms could still move into Chattanooga/SE TN later am to early afternoon. Again, could be strong with hail.
- From 1-4, there might be a break with isolated storms. Still need to watch.
- 4ish till 10pm, storms will develop to the west and over us and shift east. They will likely be severe with all modes of severe weather possible. Some supercells are possible. Numerous warnings could be issued.
- After 9pm storms end east of I-75
Read More (News Channel 9)